Want to know what’s happening in the world of social media? We have the latest information to keep you informed and ahead of the game. Here are a few quick tidbits that have been launched this week on your favorite sites.
Google recently announced new features including a local reviews tab and larger cover photos. Also, in an effort to make it easier for users to edit information in the About tab, there are now options to edit Education, Work, Links and Places; however, you can still share specific fields with certain circles or keep them private.
LinkedIn rolled out a new feature this week, allowing users to present their story using visual content. From images to videos, the opportunities are endless for how you can use your LinkedIn profile to showcase your achievements.
Start sharing your achievements and creations on your profile right now! Select “edit” on your profile then follow the prompts in your “Summary,” “Experience” and “Education” sections.
Taking a cue from the feedback they received after their new image launched in March, Pinterest added a few features to improve their new look. Key features that have returned to Pinterest include:
- See it now
- Pinned from
They also improved their search feature and added additional notifications. All these changes prove they are listening to their audience, so keep sending your suggestions.MJ2 Marketing is a boutique marketing firm offering a suite of marketing services including digital, print and social. Developing sharp ideas with executable plans, MJ2 Marketing’s success is found in their ability to mix traditional marketing with new social media tools. Focusing on content creation and digital brand management, MJ2 Marketing will find the best approach for your company and brand. Learn more by visiting www.mj2marketing.com.
We are growing indeed! If you think you have what it takes to be a Social Media Marketing Intern with MJ2 Marketing Group, we want to hear from you. Our internships are always paid, and loaded with fun and learning! Read below to see if you are a fit for this position:
- Good Communication Skills
- Solid Writing Skills- you will be tested!
- Enthusiasm for social media and technology
- Energetic personality with creative spirit
- Handles themselves professionally on social media accounts
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to perform research tasks
- Pursuing a career in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Currently active on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blog, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Photoshop and/or Illustrator expertise preferred
- Internet research and navigation skills
Tasks would include:
- Providing general support on various social media accounts
- Contributing ideas
- Online outreach
- Sourcing and writing blogs
- Some administrative tasks
- This is an hourly/paid internship position. Hourly rage commensurate with experience.
- Hours expected: 2–3 full business days per week (20–30 hours).
- Opportunity for full-time employment after 6 months of outstanding contribution.
References must be furnished, along with overall GPA during first round of interviews. In addition, please submit with your resume a write-up as to why you think your skills are a good fit for MJ2 Marketing Group. Eligible candidates should expect a minimum of three rounds of interviews with the team prior to placement.